Abdominal Separation or diastatsis recti refers to the stretching of the linea alba (connective tissue) between your rectus abdominis muscles or six pack muscles in pregnancy. This stretching occurs as it allows space for your babies to grow.
A small amount of widening occurs in all pregnancies, however it can be become an issue if the gap is too wide and remains this way after the delivery of your baby.
- Gap between your stomach muscles
- Bulging or weakness of your abdominal muscles
- Tenting or coning seen when you sit up or exercise
- Low back pain
- Incontinence or leakage of urine or stools
How we can help
Our individual consultations help to improve your movement habits, strengthen your core abdominal muscles and educate you on safe return to exercise.
What to expect
- Comprehensive assessment to establish your goals and treatment plan
- A personalised core abdominal and full body exercise program
- Education of correct movement habits when caring for your baby
- Posture awareness and education
- Postpartum Rehab pilates
- Power Yoga